In order to ensure proper and simultaneous progression between students, we will not be accepting students to enroll in recital participating classes in the middle of the season. Students must now be enrolled for a full academic year. (August-June)
Make-up classes are offered for ONLY the following legitimate circumstances: illness with a doctor’s note and family emergencies.
If parents notify Purdance of the child’s absence after the class has already begun and completed, we consider it as a missed class and there will be no makeup class arrangement.
Only one make up class is allowed in 30 days and must be “made-up” within the 30 days. Make-up classes do not carry over the next 30 days.
If a child is sick and the teacher and parent agree that it is best for the child to observe the class, it is considered attendance and there will be no make-up class arrangement. Observation is also an important part of the learning process.
Make-up classes require approvals from both the teacher and the Purdance administration.
Make-up classes are not allowed during the recital preparation period of March – June of the academic year.
How to Proceed with Make-up Classes.
- Step 1: Email email@example.com or call the office to arrange the make-up class.
- Step 2: Fill out Make-Up Form at the front desk
- Step 3: Pick up a Make-Up Slip from the front desk and give to the teacher.
In order to enroll into another class or switch between two classes, parents must fill out an Add/Subtract form in person by the 10th of the month. Changing into a different class can be done only through the joint authorization of the teacher whose class the student is leaving and the teacher of the class the student would like to join. Parents cannot make changes online, they must come to the studio.
In order to withdraw a child from any class, parents are REQUIRED to fill out a withdrawal form at the studio and turn it into the front desk by the 10th of the current month for processing. If failure to do so, accounts will continue to be charged for the following months. Parents cannot make changes online, they must come to the studio.
If you are pulling your child from Purdance, but return during the same season, a $20 reactivation fee will be charged accordingly. Students that are reactivated will be evaluated to see if their skills are still qualified to take the same class as before or placed in a new class.
- No Street Shoes – Students are to bring indoor dance shoes and change into the shoes upon arrival at the studio. Street shoes are not permitted inside the studios because dirt and pebbles can create sharp, sticky and/or slippery hazards to fellow dancers. All dance shoes must be worn only inside the studios
- Lost & Found – Purdance is not liable for any loss or damages to your personal belongings.
- Photography & Videography – It is understood that Purdance reserves the right to use any photography and/or videotaping of classes and student performances for purposes of advertising and promotion of the studio. All ownership, copyright, title and interest in photography/videotaping belongs exclusively to Purdance. If you would like to keep your dancers appearance private please let the Purdance Staff know at the front desk and we will honor your privacy.
- No Food, Soft Drinks and Chewing Gum – There will be no food, soft drinks and chewing gum permitted in the studio. Bringing your own water bottle to class is allowed.
- Arrival Time – Class will start promptly at the designated time. We suggest arriving 10 minutes early to attend classes, change your shoes, use the restroom, warm up, and prepare yourself for class.
- Class Cancellations – Should there be any cancellation or changes to your regularly scheduled class time, we will do everything possible to notify you by phone, email, or other contact information that you have provided to us. Please note if you enroll your dancer online with less than 24 hour notice we cannot guaruntee the class will go due to enrollment and teacher availability. We will do our best to notify you if that is the case.
- Class Changes – Changing into a different group class can be done only through the joint authorization of the teacher whose class the student is leaving and the teacher of the class the student would like to join.
Purdance believes that having a dress code will greatly benefit children by helping students focus on dance discipline, proper body alignment, placement and dance etiquette in classrooms. Purdance’s Children and Teens Program attire promotes unity, mutual growth and spirit among our young dancers. The set of standard clothing worn by the students will also enable instructors to guide a dancer’s alignment and positioning to prevent any risk of injuries.
Students are required to follow the dress code. A student who continually refuses to follow the dress code may be asked to sit out of class.
Be sure to label all shoes with first and last name.
BABY BALLET, BASIC BALLET,
Pink Leotards, tights, skirts, and Hair in bun.
White top, black tights or shorts, dance shoes.
ALL CLASSICAL (BALLET, JAZZ, CONTEMPORARY, MODERN, LYRICAL ETC.) CLASSES, ACRO (AGES 5+)
Black Leotards, tights, skirts (optional), and Hair in bun (NO LEGGINGS)
White top, black tights or shorts, dance shoes.
HIp hop Style
Hip-Hop Styles/Street Style: Popping, Locking, Breaking, etc
Any type of clothing that allows the body to move freely. NO JEANS OR SKIRTS. Dance shorts or leggings must be worn underneath loose shorts of basketball shorts. Separate indoor dance shoes are required. No open toed or loose shoes.